There has been a lot of planning, building, and organizing around here. Now we are ready to begin a new school year at home. Our official first day will be Monday. The stories are lined up on the new bookshelves Garrett built, waiting to be read. Our schedule, just completed, is pinned on the cork board all pretty and neat.ARITHMETIC by Carl Sandburg
Arithmetic tells you how many you lose or win if you know how many you had before you lost or won.
OUR HISTORY by Catherine Cate Coblentz
Our history sings of centuries
Such varying songs it sings!
It starts with winds, slow moving sails,
It ends with skies and wings.
GEOGRAPHY by Eleanor Farjeon
Islands and peninsulas, continents and capes,
Dromedaries, cassowaries, elephants and apes,
Rivers, lakes and waterfalls, whirlpools and the sea,
Valley-beds and mountain-tops--are all Geography!



Hello Johnna!
ReplyDeleteOf course I remember you and your family! How exciting about buying land here! I just love your beach photos!! So fun! I pray your school year gets off to a wonderful beginning! We are doing well so far! Praise God! Having such a wide age gap is difficult and nice all at the same time. Since I'm just starting homeschooling with my ninth grader I am not doing a full CM curriculum. However, I am using the book lists, poetry, music, literature and much more. Thanks for dropping a note! It is great to hear from you! I will pray for you as you begin your homeschooling year along with your nursing career! The Lord is faithful. May God bless you abundantly! I hope your little guy's chin is OK!!! He must be very tough! Blessings! Chelsea
Lovely, Johnna. What a pretty atmosphere you and Garret have created. Love the new bookshelves and accessories! Have a fun first week.
ReplyDelete