Julia and James love to make gifts. Last weekend when I sick in bed they made me several bookmarks, so thoughtful, as they see that I have a stack of books at my bedside just wanting to be read! They made their daddy mazes on his birthday cards last week. Every morning before the sun shines they are ready to create. I love the warm thoughts they have for us and others in their readiness to make something to give!
This morning Julia woke and noticed my knitting had begun...
She wanted her little scarf to look longer like mine, so early in the morning she made her scarf grow!
I know it will bring such joy and pleasure for the children to make handmade gifts for Christmas along with me. We will each be blessed with being together, laughing, loving, talking, and singing the hours away as we create with our hands for that special loved one, making warm memories. We want to give as our Father in heaven has given us His own Son.
There is a prayer I like from Christmas Carols for a Kid's Heart...
Lord Jesus, help me to learn this Christmas what it means to be humble. If You could be born in a little manger among barn animals, then I can be content with simple things too. Help me not to want a lot of "stuff" this Christmas; instead, I want to be happy with my family and friends and whatever You choose to give. Thank you, Jesus! Amen.
For the LORD takes pleasure in his people; he adorns the humble with salvation. Let the godly exult in glory; let them sing for joy on their beds. Psalm 149:4-5
And look what my little man can do!
Wrap the left side of yarn around the front of your thumb and put the needle through...
The yarn on the right wraps behind the needle and then around the front...


No comments:
Post a Comment